The "LIstory" App
The "LIstory" App Discover the historical highlights of the Principality of Liechtenstein in a new way with the "LIstory" app, as part of the anniversary "300 years of the Principality of Liechten-stein". A digital experience is connected to a deepening of knowledge about Liechten-stein’s historical milestones.
The app allows Liechtenstein’s history to be experienced and makes it easily accessible to the general public – locals as well as visitors. In order to point out and depict the points of interest in a way which is supported by the digital experience, the app includes Augmented Reality (AR) content, which will appeal to young and old alike. Immerse yourself in the rich history of the Principality of Liechtenstein.
Features of the "LIstory" App
- Connection to real places (Points of Interest/POIs)
- POI = a historical site (location-specific) or a historical event (not location-specific)
- The app navigates the user from POI to POI
- 147 POIs have been identified in all 11 municipalities and Malbun
- The route is 75 kilometres long
- The route exclusively consists of the existing network of paths and trails
- It is possible to begin the trail from every municipality
- Parts of the route are also accessible for people with limited mobility
Methods of Content Communication
- The use of storytelling – immersion in history
- Content was developed by the Liechtenstein Institute
- Integration of the physical environment by means of attractive technology such as Augmented Reality – vivid and exciting experience of stories
- Playful and informative handling of information and knowledge
After the anniversary year, work on the ‘LIstory’ app will be continued. Maintenance and marketing of the app are the responsibility of Liechtenstein Marketing. It will then be our aim to carry out an expansion of the app’s content.
Find out more about the Liechtenstein Trail
The Liechtenstein-Institute is a scientific research centre and academic institution. The content of the "LIstory" app was developed by the Liechtenstein-Institute in co-operation with Liechtenstein Marketing and the municipalities. More on the Liechtenstein Institute
Augmented Reality (AR) can be understood as the integration of additional, digital information into live videos or the user’s environment in real time, meaning that AR overlays new information onto an existing image. Find out more about Augmented Reality
Media coverage about Liechtenstein Trail
#liechtensteintrail: Impressions from the Liechtenstein Trail