The "LIstory" App
The "LIstory" App Discover the historical highlights of the Principality of Liechtenstein in a new way with the "LIstory" app, as part of the anniversary "300 years of the Principality of Liechten-stein". A digital experience is connected to a deepening of knowledge about Liechten-stein’s historical milestones.
The app allows Liechtenstein’s history to be experienced and makes it easily accessible to the general public – locals as well as visitors. In order to point out and depict the points of interest in a way which is supported by the digital experience, the app includes Augmented Reality (AR) content, which will appeal to young and old alike. Immerse yourself in the rich history of the Principality of Liechtenstein.
Features of the "LIstory" App
- Launch on 25 May 2019
- Connection to real places (Points of Interest/POIs)
- POI = a historical site (location-specific) or a historical event (not location-specific)
- The app navigates the user from POI to POI
- Around 135 POIs have been identified in all 11 municipalities
- The planned route is around 75 kilometres long
- The route exclusively consists of the existing network of paths and trails
- It is possible to begin the trail from every municipality
- Parts of the route are also accessible for people with limited mobility
Methods of Content Communication
- The use of storytelling – immersion in history
- Content was developed by the Liechtenstein Institute
- Integration of the physical environment by means of attractive technology such as Augmented Reality – vivid and exciting experience of stories
- Playful and informative handling of information and knowledge
The app will be launched on 25 May 2019. On this day, a diverse range of historical sites will be brought to life through re-enactments, in order to create additional, attractive points of contact with the theme of history. Examples include historical performances, cooking, story-telling, short, guided tours, and lectures at the historical sites. On the day of the launch, locals and visitors are encouraged to set out on the Liechtenstein Trail as they engage with the "LIstory" app.
After the anniversary year, work on the ‘LIstory’ app will be continued. Maintenance and marketing of the app are the responsibility of Liechtenstein Marketing. It will then be our aim to carry out an expansion of the app’s content.
You will be able to download the "LIstory" app for free in the App Store and in the Google Play Store from 25 May 2019.
Find out more about the Liechtenstein Trail
The Liechtenstein Institute is a scientific research centre and academic institution. The content of the "LIstory" app was developed by the Liechtenstein Institute in co-operation with Liechtenstein Marketing and the municipalities. More on the Liechtenstein Institute
Augmented Reality (AR) can be understood as the integration of additional, digital information into live videos or the user’s environment in real time, meaning that AR overlays new information onto an existing image. Find out more about Augmented Reality