On the trail of the Walser
This offer allows you, during the annual Triesenberg Weeks from mid-October to mid-November, to immerse yourself in the traditional way of life and unique culture of the Walser people in Liechtenstein.
The Walser community of Triesenberg, situated high above the Rhine Valley on a sunny terrace, is Liechtenstein's largest community in terms of area. The original ancestors emigrated between the 12th and 13th centuries from the former Goms, today's Valais. The mountain farmers of that time settled mainly in Switzerland, Vorarlberg, Tyrol and Italy. Their language is unique and even after so many years is still spoken with pride by young and old. Walser consciousness is cultivated in Triesenberg and the special cultural position that the mountain village holds in the Principality is appreciated throughout the country.
The Triesenberger Weeks, which take place annually in autumn, are considered a culinary highlight. Traditional Walser dishes are on the menu in all restaurants.
Booking at least 10 working days before departure
October - November During the Triesenberg weeks Different dates possible on requestPrice
from CHF 235.- per person
Starting price per person in a double room: CHF 235.-
Single room supplement from CHF 55.-
- One overnight stay incl. breakfast in a 3-star hotel in the mountain or valley area
- Typical rustic Walser 3-course meal in a selected restaurant
- Admission to the Walser Museum with slide show about the Alpine region in its four seasons and exhibition on the life and customs of the Walsers
- Guided, easy hike on the The Wals Fable Trail, every Saturday from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. (only during the Triesenberg Weeks), meeting point WalserMuseum, followed by a visit to the old Walser house
- Souvenir gift: Walser legend booklet
- Up to 5 days before the date CHF 60.-
- On the day of the tour CHF 120.-
- In case of no-show, the full amount will be charged.