It is an experience not to be missed: discover the historical highlights of the Principality of Liechtenstein on foot on the Liechtenstein Trail. Awaiting the explorer are 75 kilometres full of exciting stories, sights, majestic views, idyllic spots to have a rest, and much more.
With the app LIstory you can explore 147 specially-selected historical sites and events, so-called Points of Interest (POIs), which are all connected through the ‘Liechtenstein Trail’, a route which is around 75 kilometres long. His-torical events which have no geographical connection are placed between the location-specific POIs. The trail follows the existing network of paths and trails through all 11 munici-palities, either from south to north or north to south. It is possible to begin the trail from every municipality. The entire route can be completed in several stages.
No need to worry if you don’t have the app, as the route can also be hiked without the ‘LIstory’ app, thanks to the physical signage along the trail.
Information about the Route
- The trail goes through all 11 municipalities of Liechtenstein
- The route is 75 kilometres long
- Ascents/descents of 2,000 m/2,000 m
- Min./max. altitude of 429 m/1,103 m
- Overall walking time of 21 hours
- The trail can go from south to north or north to south
- The route exclusively consists of the existing network of paths and trails
- It is possible to begin the trail from every municipality
- Parts of the route are also accessible for people with limited mobility
Route layout, Liechtenstein Trail (2.5 mb)
Order free of chare the "Panorama map" with the Liechtenstein Trail inlcuded.
Plan your hike with our recommendations for daily stages alonge the Liechtenstein Trail
Discover the history and culture of Liechtenstein in a new way with the free "LIstory" app.
Media coverage about the Liechtenstein Trail
- New York Times: This Cross-Country Hike Took 5 Days. That’s Going the Long Way
- Lonely Planet - Best of Europe: Alpine thrills: Liechtenstein for lovers of the outdoors
- Norwegian Airlines: Small country - big hike (from page 48)