Mountainbiking in Liechtenstein
Liechtenstein has many paths and forest trails that are ideal for mountainbiking. All official routes are clearly signposted.
The Gafadurahütte and Pfälzerhütte huts in the Alps are popular with mountainbikers looking for a challenge. The Gafadurahütte can be reached via Schaan and Planken. The Pfälzerhütte is accessible via the Saminatal Valley and Alp Gritsch.
Those looking for a more relaxing ride are also spoilt for choice. The mountainbike map shows you the network of trails available in Liechtenstein and over the Swiss border in Werdenberg (see Infobox).
Important rules for mountainbikers:
- stick to the official, clearly marked trails at all times,
- be considerate towards hikers and the natural surroundings,
- wear a helmet for your own safety,
- do not leave any rubbish behind,
- do not cause unnecessary noise,
- beware of agricultural and forestry vehicles operating on some of the trails,
- note that sections of some trails may be closed,
- ride at a speed that allows you to stop whenever required,
- always give way to walkers and pedestrians,
- beware of wild animals, pets and livestock,
- tell a friend or somebody at the place you are staying where you plan to go,
- follow all traffic signs.
In case of an emergency
Provide first aid and keep the injured person warm. Get help, but if possible do not leave the injured person alone.
Emergency telephone numbers
Mountain rescue 1414
Mountainbike map of Liechtenstein & Werdenberg
Explore the Principality of Liechtenstein and the Swiss border region of Werdenberg on two wheels with this mountainbike map (1:50,000). From gentle paths on the valley floor to challenging routes in the Alps, this map will help you discover the country from its sporty side.
19.50 Swiss francs / 19.50 euros
Postage costs: 3.- Swiss francs / 3.- euros
The map is available from Liechtenstein Marketing and Werdenberg Tourist Board as well as in local bookshops.
Order mountainbike map (German only)
Order the mountainbike map of Liechtenstein and Werdenberg
Bike Garage Anstalt, Triesen, T +423 390 0 390, www.bikegarage.li
Sele Radsport, Eschen, T +423 373 49 53, https://sele-radsport.li
Sigis Veloshop, Balzers, T +423 384 27 50, http://www.sigis-veloshop-balzers.li/
Pädys Sportartikel, Nendeln, T 00423 370 13 31, www.paedys.li
Wenaweser Zweiradcenter, Schaan, T +423 232 45 45, https://wenaweser.li
E-Bike EGO Movement Store, Vaduz, T +423 232 88 88, https://egomovement.com
Adolf's Bikeshop, Triesenberg, T +423 262 17 35, https://bikeshop.li
More information (German only)
T 00423 239 63 63
F 00423 239 63 01
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d2713.9895503185544!2d9.52039901591297!3d47.13847077915646!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x479b315da0bf74e9%3A0xca02cc8bce5eeb83!2sLiechtenstein+Center!5e0!3m2!1sde!2sli!4v1497343650773" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>