Attractions in Vaduz
The so-called "L’Or du Rhin" or "Centre for Art" was built between 1971 and 1974 by the Cuban architect, artist, sculptor and painter Ricardo Porro (1925-2014).
The government district dominates the eastern side of the Peter-Kaiser-Platz square in Vaduz.
Opened in the year 2000, the Kunstmusem Liechtenstein in the centre of Vaduz displays a range of modern and contemporary art.
The English Building Art Space is located on the second floor of the Engländerbau in the centre of Vaduz.
Dating back to 1438, the building which today houses the Liechtenstein National Museum has a long and varied history.
The "Alte Rheinbrücke" is a covered wooden bridge linking the municipalities of Vaduz and Sevelen.
Although the first documentary evidence was recorded in a rental-roll of the chapter of the Cathedral in Chur around 1375, it may be assumed that the initial stages of the Chapel of St. Florin date back to the last...
The parliament lies at the heart of the Peter-Kaiser-Platz square, just a stone's throw from the government building.
The Postage Stamp Museum tells the history of Liechtenstein's postal service over the years and displays a large number of postage stamps past and present.
Vaduz Town Hall dates from 1932/33. It was extensively renovated in the years 1982 to 1984.
The Red House, a gabled stairs structure with a large tower containing living quarters, is located in the Mitteldorf area of Vaduz.
Rheinberger House was one of the first administrative buildings in the present day government quarter.
Schädler House at St. Florinsgasse 3 was built in 1872/73 as a three-storey residential building with rooms for the medical practice of the physicians Karl and Albert Schädler.
The architect, designer, artist and teacher Hans Hollein was born in Vienna in 1934. As a versatile design talent he is today one of the world's most distinguished architects.
Wine enthusiasts should definitely pay a visit to the Prince of Liechtenstein Winery, where visitors can walk through the vineyards and sample the excellent wines.
The centre of Vaduz is referred to by locals as the "Städtle" ("small town").
The Treasure Chamber of the Principality of Liechtenstein in Vaduz, the only museum of its kind in the Alps, focues primarily on exhibits belonging to the Princes of Liechtenstein and other private collectors.
Vaduz Castle lies on a hillside 120 metres above Vaduz. It is the symbol of the capital and can be seen from far away.